成考英语基本文法复习资料第十一章(4)

来源:
江西成考网
发布日期
2007年09月14日

摘要:  第十一章 词组(Phrases)和子句(Clauses)   请看以下的句子,特别注意划线的字群:   Understanding English is easy.   I want you to work hard.   Peter, who has been to England, speaks good English.   I told him that I was going away.   Understanding English和to work hard有一共同特色,他们都没有

文句子:

  我要求他一定要用功念书。

  直接了当的翻译可能像下面的:

  *I demand he must work hard.

  这是错的,我们应该加一个that在这个名词子句的前面。以下的翻译才是正确的:

  I demand that he must work hard.

  虽然我们常看到这种that被省略的情形,我们仍希望大家知道,为保险起见,最好不要省掉that.以下是一些例子:

  That the sun rises from the west is wrong.(太阳从西方升起是错的)

  That a lot of Jews were killed during the Second World War is now a historical fact.

  (大批犹太人在第二次大战中被杀是历史上的事实)

  I didn't know that he is such a diligent student.(我不知道他是如此勤快的学生)

  I demand that you go away.(我要求你离开)

  I suggest that you go swimming every morning.(我建议你每天早上游泳)

  That we should all respect our parents should be taught to our kids.

  (我们该教孩子们尊敬父母)

  I don't think that he is a good athlete.(我不认为他是一个好运动员)

  Do you think that she is a good actress?(你认为她是一个好的演员吗?)

  That he can speak good English helps him.(他能说很好的文,这点对他很有帮助)

  I propose that we get married.(我建议我们结婚)

  Let us always remember that there are a lot of poor people in the world.

  (我们永远记住世界上有很多穷人)

  Never forget that we should always love one another.(不要忘记我们应该互